For the batter-
- Besan/Chick pea flour - 1 cup
- Well beaten yogurt/curd- 1 cup/buttermilk - 3 cups
- Water -2 cups (only if using yogurt)
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 2 tspn- finely grated (optional)
- Green chillies - 2 finely chopped (optional)
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- salt - to taste
- Mustard seeds
- Split urad dal
- Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
- Curry leaves - 6-8 ripped
- Coconut - 2 tspn
- Above tempered ingredients
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbspn - finely chopped.
3. Microwave another five minutes taking it out every two minutes to give a stir. If the raw smell is gone, it is done. You can also test it by applying a small amount to the back of a stainless steel plate and letting it cool for a minute. If you are able to roll, you got it!
6. Heat a tsp of oil, temper all the temper ingredients and pour over the khandvi. Add the garnish and serve.