Sunday, April 17, 2011

Of Nightmares, Habits, Movements et al.

This was one bad weekend! Not something that I wished for but something I had anticipated quite a while ago...We all know the feeling/instinct that comes to some of us regarding something....a foreboding, like a deja vu, that this isn't going to be good...I had that for quite sometime and so wasn't keen on doing some stuff over the weekend! However, the DH was hell-bent on having to do the same stuff that I wasn't keen on doing. So long story short, the stuff ended the way I had anticipated - badly - and in ways that I had not even dreamed of - horribly!!!
  After the eventful day and evening, the night was full of bizarre nightmares, making the lovely ritual of snuggling under covers, and waking up all fresh and ready for the next day - sour grape! Woke up more miserable than the night, but thanking heavens for keeping us all safe through the ordeal and heaping praises on God who somehow knows when exactly that we need him and being there for us...I am reminded of the "footprints on the sands of time" and how God carries us in times of trouble and doesn't even let us walk beside him. Somehow, we all go through that phase sometime or the other during the course of our lives...I, and am sure my entire family, feel blessed for being here alive, whole, and ready for all the course of events that are going to follow from now onwards....
    Of Habits - Sometimes, we do not want to listen to others. We feel that we as adults know what to do and what not to do and refuse to heed to what others have to say. We refuse to listen to even our dear ones. All this, when deep down we may either know the other person in right, or may really be ignorant of how the habit is affecting the family, or refuse to even think about the habit...However, there comes a time when we have to decide what is most important in our lives, what our priorities in life are, what are the things that are more important to us than following some habits and leading a lifestyle that best suits us. And when we come to the point when we have to make the decision, I hope and pray that we make the right decision as these determine our lives, the lives of those we love who are around us.
   Of Movements- To add to the misery of the weekend, my lil one refused to move- just the little flutters now and then that I was starting to feel- making me dread our next appointment and also at the same time, wondering if I need to call it an emergency and get to the hospital immediately! Well, after giving us - me and my DH a mighty scare- my li'l one is now moving- or rather making me feel his little movements..the flutters inside..Oh what joy it is to be a mom! Oh what joy! The unhappiness, the pain, the anxiety, the distrust, the disturbances, and all that is negative gets packed away with one tiny lil flutter. Again, we are truly blessed to have a wonderful God, who has granted to us women this heavenly duty of caring for the bit of ours - our tot- until he/she is ready to face the world!
 I haven't said it enough so here I go once more...THANK YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment